The Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center plans to award over $50,000 in scholarships this year to Yuma County residents pursuing healthcare-related studies.
Since this scholarship program began in 2004, the Foundation has awarded more than $500,000 in healthcare scholarships to Yuma County residents. These scholarships have been made possible thanks to the generosity of local donors who thoughtfully chose to leave a “legacy of education.”
Applications for this year’s scholarships are due online by March 12, 2020, by midnight.
Awards can be up to $2,000 per recipient.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior with an interest in healthcare-related career programs, OR
- Be a current college student accepted by, or currently enrolled in, an accredited healthcare-related career program, OR
- Be a graduate student accepted by, or currently enrolled in, a healthcare-related program
- Be a current resident of Yuma County
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher or the GPA required by the specific scholarship
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher IF you are a previous scholarship cycle recipient
The mission of the Foundation of Yuma Regional Medical Center is to support a healthy community through philanthropy.