Tending to your emotional and spiritual needs as you receive medical treatment is an important aspect of the quality care we provide at Yuma Regional Medical Center. This compassionate support, which is provided by our professionally trained and certified Chaplains and Chaplain Residents, is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet the needs of our patients, their family members, visitors and our hospital staff.
Our Spiritual Care staff welcomes the opportunity to assist anyone who seeks emotional support, whether they consider themselves to be religious, spiritual or secular (non-religious). The members of our Spiritual Care staff are skilled listeners who offer solace while honoring and respecting all faiths and beliefs.
There are many times when you may find it helpful to call a chaplain. These include, but are certainly not limited to, when you have just received a new diagnosis, are about to undergo surgery, are far from home or are facing the impending death of a loved one. To request a Chaplain at any time of the day or night, ask your nurse or call 928-336-2599.
Our Spiritual Care staff also offers the following integrated therapies to assist patients in the healing process:
- Healing Touch – This is an energy-based therapy in which the practitioner uses a light or near-body touch to restore harmony and balance to the patient’s energy system and promote healing for their mind, body and spirit.
- Guided Imagery – Used to promote the patient’s overall health and wellbeing, this therapy uses healing images created from the patient’s memories, daydreams or imagination to assist them with the management of pain, anxiety, stress and/or physical symptoms associated with illness or injury.
Patients who have been admitted to Yuma Regional Medical Center can receive these holistic, integrated therapies free of charge. To request Healing Touch or Guided Imagery therapy, call 928-336-2599.
Additional Spiritual Care Resources
The following resources are also available to patients, their families and visitors:
- Interfaith Chapel – The chapel is located in Area A on the ground floor and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It contains a prayer book for offering prayer requests, a consecrated Tabernacle for members of our Catholic community, as well as a quiet, reflective space to be and pray.
- Gardens – For those who seek solitude for reflection or meditation, there is a quiet Healing Garden located in Area A on the first floor, just past Elevator A. There is also a Serenity Garden at the Yuma Regional Medical Center Cancer Center.
- Worship Services – Catholic Mass is celebrated at 11:30 a.m. every Thursday. Other worship services are scheduled from time to time or they can be scheduled as needed by calling 928-336-2599.